Thursday, November 7, 2013

Coconut Oil vs. Coconut Butter

I have been in love with coconut oil for quite some time.  I love anything beneficial for your health and has multiple purposes.  Coconut oil is one of those things, and is always on my top ten things I need in my pantry.  You can use it for beauty care (hair oil, body oil, cuticle cream....), cooking, baking, I put it in smoothies.  I make the best chocolates using coconut oil (instead of butter/dairy) and they taste divine!!   

Coconut oil contains absolutely no trans fats. Although many people mistakenly believe coconut oil is dangerous to health due to its saturated fat content, close to two-thirds of its saturated fat is made up of medium-chain fatty acids, which are actually health promoting and they are antimicrobial, easily digested for quick energy, and beneficial to the immune system.



Since I like to experiment with yummy vegan dishes, I have seen that a few recipes call for coconut butter.  So on my trip to Whole Foods I picked some up.  I have not tried it yet but have looked it up and found nothing but great reviews.  This week I'll try to make my chocolates with that.  

Coconut oil is JUST the oil that is extracted from the meat.
Coconut butter is the whole meat of the coconut pureed into a creamy butter.Coconut meat (by nature) is approximately 65% oil.


Most likely you can find both of these in your health food stores, or stores such as Whole Foods.  If you don't have those around you, you can order them online.  Sometimes you can get a better deal that way.  

Nourish your body and you will live a happier life. I hope you have a wonderful and vibrant day!! 

XoXo, 
Michaela

No comments:

Post a Comment